Published in Mobiles

Recruitment drive for iPhone

by on23 June 2014

More than 100,000 Chinese needed

Hon Hai Precision Industry is looking to recruit over 100,000 people in mainland China to produce the newest iPhone from Apple. Hon Haiwill produce 70 percent of the phones, which will be in the shops this autumn, with Pegatron set to produce the remaining 30 percent, according to the report.

Taiwan's Economic Daily News said that the recruitment drive will be the largest the company as tried on the Mainland. Pegatron is also expected to expand its workforce in one mainland factory by 30 percent, also in response to expected high demand for the new iPhone.

While the tame Apple Press expects the iPhone to sell millions, there is some concern this time that Jobs’ Mob has not make a phone that is innovative enough to compete with rivals Samsung and LG. The phone is expected to be bigger than previous incarnations, but since bigger smartphones have been around for a while that is hardly an innovation.

Apple is also hoping to stir consumer interest in a largely saturated market for smartphones in the US and a lack of interest in its products from developing markets like China.

This means that this could be the last of the big production runs for Apple, so its partners should make the most of it.

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Read more about: