Published in Mobiles

Apple fanboy dies in the bath

by on20 March 2017

Darwin award winner a member of a key Apple demographic

A British Apple fanboy is up for a Darwin award for exiting the gene pool trying to charge his iPhone while he was in the bath

Richard Bull plugged his iPhone into an outlet via an extension cord and appears to have rested the charger on his chest in the bath. To show the level of thinking required, Bull had to plug in the charger outside the bathroom and run a rather long extension cord so that it would reach.

PC Craig Pattinson told a coroner’s inquest into Bull's death that the iPhone was plugged into the extension cable and then the charger element in the bath. The extension cable was on the floor and it appeared as though he had his phone charger on his chest and the part between the phone charger and the cable had contacted the water.

The inquest concluded that 32-year-old Bull's death was caused by accidental electrocution. The coroner was a little concerned that people did not realize that iPhones were as dangerous near water as hairdryers.

Dr. Sean Cummings said that Apple should attach warnings to its products and he would write to the company to ask them to do this.

 This is fair enough. After all of you are making products for a market which knows nothing about technology, you should be applying lots of warnings to your product including:

"Do not eat."

"iPhone must not be used as a suppository."

"It might look nice but don't have sex with it"

"Do not show your phone to Nick Farrell." 

bit strips

Proof that the Apple does not roll far from the tree, Bull's brother Andrew told the press that he lived in the US and they say it can't happen, and that there is not enough electricity.

“But in the UK it is enough. You don't think there is enough electricity but there is."

Last modified on 20 March 2017
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Read more about: