Dubbed the Radar Pace, the smart eyewear features a real-time voice-activated coaching system powered by Intel Real Speech. It can create a dynamic training program, track performance, provides on the moment coaching and answers questions. It allows athletes to communicate with the system in a live, natural way during a workout.
According to the two companies, the smart eyewear combines Oakley's heritage in sport innovation and design, and Intel's innovation and technology expertise. The shades feature:
- Pairs to external sensors - Power output, HR, Speed, Cadence, Distance, Time, etc, using sensor data intergration and Intel technology
- Internal sensors - accelerometer, gyroscope, pressure, humidity, and proximity
- Touch pad on the temples for control functions with simple taps and swipes - adjust the volume, control music, and calls from your paired phone, and more.
- Microphone array enabled for voice commands
- Water Resistant up to IPX5
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment: Prizm Road lens to optimize and sharpen visual acuity
- Impact protection based upon ANSI Z87.1 test methods for High Mass and High Velocity impact resistance
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for an extra lens
- Rechargeable through USB port
- What's included: 2 Ear Booms, Clear Lens for Low Light Conditions, PRIZM Road Lens, eyewear Case, Microbag, 2 Nose Pads, Aero Clip, Micro USB Cable, and a Quick Start Guide
Radar Pace will be distributed in North America, Australia and Europe. It is available on Oakley.com and in Oakley stores starting today; it will be available in select wholesale and Sunglass Hut locations soon after. In Europe they will set you back 439 euro.