Mobile Max-Q versions of Nvidia's GTX 1650 Super up through the RTX 2080 Super have shown in a leak from NotebookCheck translated and shared by Hothardware.
The refresh is expected for March 2020, and the leaked graphics cards are believed to be the following:
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q with 8GB GDDR6 (80W TDP)
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q with 8GB GDDR6 (80W TDP)
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super Max-Q with 8GB GDDR6 (80W TDP)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super Max-Q with 4GB GDDR6 (35W TDP)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super Max-Q with 4GB GDDR6 (35W TDP)
The new cards will give an answer to AMD's moves into the mobile space with the Radeon RX 5500M.
These new Super Max-Q graphics processors would effectively take all the recent GPU offerings from Nvidia (excluding the MX models) and upgrade them for better performance. And, that comes at a time when we're seeing more machines that can use the extra performance, like the Asus gaming laptop with a 300Hz display.
AMD's RX 5500M may be a strong low-to-mid-range option but it doesn't have the anticipated RX 5300M or RX 5700M available in laptops to round out its performance options.
Nvidia's launch of Super Max-Q GPUs in early 2020 could help it cement its dominance in the mobile gaming space.