According to the release notes, the new Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.2.2 drivers fix several problems plaguing the earlier driver version.
- Radeon Settings Video tab may disappear on some hybrid graphics system configurations after a reboot
- AMD XConnect Technology enabled system configurations may experience an intermittent system hang on hot plug.
- GPU Display scaling may fail to enable when the desktop resolution is set very low.
- Region recording in Radeon ReLive will continue to record when the region window is closed.
- 3x1 display configurations may experience instability during Eyefinity creation or during gaming.
- Ark Survival Evolved™ may experience heavy flickering or corruption when enabling the performance metrics overlay in Windows®7.
- A black screen may be experienced when running full-screen games on the Samsung CF791 Radeon FreeSync enabled display.
- Netflix playback in a browser or via UWP application may experience stutter.
- Radeon Overlay performance metrics may appear and disappear intermittently during updates.
- Color Temperature controls may change colours on the incorrect display when using the reset option.
- Star Wars: Battlefront II may experience graphical corruption in some areas of the game.
Star Wars: Battlefront II may experience graphical corruption in some areas of the game.
There are still a couple of known issues but those should be cleared up with the next release.
As was the case with earlier drivers, the new Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 drivers support all graphics cards since Radeon HD 7700/HD 7900 days and are available for Windows 10 and Windows 7 in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
AMD introduced quite a few features with its new Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition drivers and we are quite surprised how well it works as we certainly expected a lot more bugs but it appears that AMD really did a good job.
You can both download the new Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 drivers as well as check out the full release notes over at AMD's support page.