Last week we wrote a piece about our first experience with Assassin’s Creed Unity, stating that we are happy with 30 to 40 FPS frame rate and we shared it with a few industry figures.
They reminded us that high frame rates, e.g. 60 FPS, gives users an assurance that the game should never drop below 24 FPS and stutter, while the 30 to 40 FPS games might drop below the magical 24 FPS threshold. Not everyone agreed with us - with some even threatening to stop reading Fudzilla, since we broke their hearts by questioning their 60 FPS belief system.
The game got Patch 2 three days ago and Ubisoft warned that even with this 792MB patch users may still experience frame rate issues that have been reported since the release of the game, along with some performance glitches.
Ubisoft is preparing patch number three, while the first two have already been deployed for PS, Xbox and PlayStation 4. The last patch wants to address Arno getting stuck in certain areas, such as hay charts, they want to fix AI and crowd related issues, co-op play issues, menus and HUD issues as well as general stability. Patch two was supposed to address these issues too.
Earlier patches have addressed some of the graphics issues especially the ones that were affecting certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations, SLI or Crossfire Systems. Here is the complete list what to expect from the patch three that we expect sometimes in this week.
Here is what Ubisoft claims it will be the focus of patch three:
- Gameplay: this includes bugs like Arno getting stuck on certain areas of the map (including a few more hay carts), problems with getting into/out of cover, character animation bugs, and general camera problems
- AI & Crowd: in this category are problems with NPC animations, crowd events, and crowd stations, NPC navigation issues, as well as bugs related to NPCs detecting Arno’s activities in various situations
- Matchmaking & Connectivity: this covers a number of issues related to co-op play, including bugs with joining games in-progress and problems that happen during host migration
- Menus & HUD: fixes in this category will address missing details in certain menus, problems with some of the mission objective and co-op update pop-ups, localization inconsistencies, as well as some of the issues with menus and pop-ups overlapping each other
- General Stability: this includes fixes for a number of crash situations we've identified in both campaign and co-op modes.