Featured Articles

Analysts expect ARM to do well next year

Analysts expect ARM to do well next year

British chip designer ARM could cash in on the mobile industry's rush to transition to 64-bit operating systems and hardware.

More...
Huawei and Xiaomi outpace Lenovo, LG in smartphone market

Huawei and Xiaomi outpace Lenovo, LG in smartphone market

Samsung has lost smartphone market share, ending the quarter on a low note and Xiaomi appears to be the big winner.

More...
Intel Broadwell 15W coming to CES

Intel Broadwell 15W coming to CES

It looks like Intel will be showing off its 14nm processors, codenames Broadwell, in a couple of weeks at CES 2015.

More...
Gainward GTX 980 Phantom reviewed

Gainward GTX 980 Phantom reviewed

Today we’ll be taking a closer look at the recently introduced Gainward GTX 980 4GB with the company’s trademark Phantom cooler.

More...
Zotac ZBOX Sphere OI520 barebones vs Sphere Plus review

Zotac ZBOX Sphere OI520 barebones vs Sphere Plus review

Zotac has been in the nettop and mini-PC space for more than four years now and it has managed to carve…

More...
Frontpage Slideshow | Copyright © 2006-2010 orks, a business unit of Nuevvo Webware Ltd.
Friday, 03 October 2008 07:26

Take-Two shrugs off EA acquisition

Written by David Stellmack

Image

Will attempt to remain independent

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. has said that it plans to remain an independent company. Until last month, Take-Two was a hostile takeover target by Electronic Arts for nearly the past five months. Take-Two, the manufacturer and developer of the "Grand Theft Auto" video game series, has said that its decision followed detailed discussions with "various interested parties." 

Take-Two issued a statement that said, "Take-Two's Board of Directors has determined that it is in the best interests of stockholders to conclude its review of strategic alternatives and to continue operating and building Take-Two as an independent company." While Take-Two has said it was weighing its options with other suitors, it is not known who the other interested parties may be.

EA had proffered a hostile bid worth nearly $2 billion, and Tale-Two rejected that bid as inadequate. While some analysts have cautioned about potential declining sales and risks in the event the company loses key employees, Take-Two’s Chairman, Strauss Zelnick, reiterated that the company is still on solid ground, as it still has hugely successful video games such as Bioshock and its 2K Sports series.

According to Zelnick, "We are strongly positioned creatively, financially and competitively to benefit from the opportunities we see in the fastest growing segment of the entertainment industry."
Last modified on Saturday, 04 October 2008 05:58
blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Facebook activity

Latest Commented Articles

Recent Comments