By popular demand Wake Island will come to 2142!
Last modified on Wednesday, 30 April 2008 09:54
DICE finally released some much-awaited details regarding their surprise announcement of a 1.50 update for Battlefield 2142. As we explained when the news was announced, it caught many off guard who had figured that DICE had moved on from Battlefield 2142; thus, the update was a welcomed surprise. Now with the announcement of the new content that is coming, we can say that we are looking forward to the release of the 1.50 update.
New features will include –
* New Map - Wake Island 2142 by The Sir. Community
* Wake Island 2142 has some sort of conquest mode "twist."
* New “No Vehicles” option for a variety of 2142 maps.
* New map - Operation Shingle (aka Anzio) by Jason Brice.
* Finally Widescreen 16:9 and 16:10 support (No word if they will offer native 1280x1024 support yet).
* More movement in pods – This will be mainly targeted on transport ship escape pods to give that ability back, while still limiting pod surfing use elsewhere.
* Additional bug fixes to address reported a variety of reported issues.
* Public beta should start at the end of April.
* Final release targeted for the end of May.
Getting Wake Island for 2142 should make for quite an interesting game with the weapons and vehicles that are native to 2142. This alone should raise quite a bit of interest from those in the Battlefield community.
We must say that this update is a pleasant surprise, and as long it does not introduce a bunch of new bugs it could breathe some life back into 2142.