Too much controversy
Last modified on Thursday, 08 November 2007 05:00
ABCNews is reporting that the retail giant, Target, has decided not to carry Rockstar Games controversial new game, Manhunt 2.
While Manhunt 2 has been given a 'Mature' rating by the ESRB, the company said in a press release that it had received additional information that players can potentially view previously filtered content by altering the game code. A spokesman said that it has decided not the carry the game because of its overly violent content.
The company clearly feels that it does not want to get drawn into a similar fiasco when Rockstar hid explicit sexual content that was easily unlocked in the "M"-rated game, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.