Published in Mobiles

Exploding Galaxy S III was apparently microwaved

by on09 July 2012

After being dipped in water

Last month an Irish student told the world+dog that his shiny new Samsung Galaxy S III spontaneously caught on fire and exploded in his car.

Well, as it turns out, he got it a bit wrong. A subsequent investigation revealed that the phone was exposed to an external power source, most likely a microwave.

The student retracted his original statement, saying that the damage was “caused by another person” while trying to recover the phone from water. Apparently one of his daft mates stuck the water soaked phone in a microwave and let it rip.

“This was not a deliberate act but a stupid mistake," the student said. In this case, stupid seems like a massive understatement.

More here.

Rate this item
(0 votes)