Featured Articles

Nvidia officially launches the 8-inch Shield Tablet

Nvidia officially launches the 8-inch Shield Tablet

As expected and reported earlier, Nvidia has now officially announced its newest Shield device, the new 8-inch Shield Tablet. While the…

More...
Intel launches new mobile Haswell and Bay Trail parts

Intel launches new mobile Haswell and Bay Trail parts

Intel has introduced seven new Haswell mobile parts and four Bay Trail SoC chips, but most of them are merely clock…

More...
Aerocool Dead Silence reviewed

Aerocool Dead Silence reviewed

Aerocool is well known for its gamer cases with aggressive styling. However, the Dead Silence chassis offers consumers a new choice,…

More...
AMD SVP John Byrne named turnaround exec of the year

AMD SVP John Byrne named turnaround exec of the year

Director of AMD’s PR Chris Hook has tweeted and confirmed later in a conversation with Fudzilla that John Byrne, Senior Vice…

More...
AMD A8-7600 Kaveri APU reviewed

AMD A8-7600 Kaveri APU reviewed

Today we'll take a closer look at AMD's A8-7600 APU Kaveri APU, more specifically we'll examine the GPU performance you can…

More...
Frontpage Slideshow | Copyright © 2006-2010 orks, a business unit of Nuevvo Webware Ltd.
Thursday, 13 December 2012 10:50

Technology confusion leads to burns to face

Written by Nick Farrell



Handset could be anything these days

Technology can be confusing at the best of times and with you not sure if you are getting your phone calls from your phone, mobile, tablet or PC it can be dangerous -- particularly if you have had a few.

The Polish paper Fakt has a cautionary tale of Tomasz Paczkowski who was doing some housework on his day off. He had just completed a stack of ironing and was having a nice cold beer to cool down and was watching the boxing when the phone rang. Momentarily confused he answered the iron and burnt the side of his face.

He said that he was getting involved in the boxing and was not really thinking about what he was doing. The iron was white and a rounded rectangle so his brain said it must be an iPhone. After all there is some legal history which proves his point. Paczkowski said a burning sensation on his ear soon made him realise his mistake.

To make matters worse he hit his head on a door frame while dashing to the bathroom to cool his burn with water. He suffered an injury just above the left eye. Paczkowski said he would give up watching boxing on the television but would continue to iron. We would have thought it might be better the other way around.

Nick Farrell

E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Facebook activity

Latest Commented Articles

Recent Comments