Published in Mobiles

Apple wants to ban eight Samsung phones in US

Samsung promises to put up a fight

Apple on Monday filed a formal request for an injunction against eight Samsung smartphones, following a resounding court victory against the Korean manufacturer last week.

Apple wants to ban the following phones from the US market: Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge and Galaxy Prevail.

However, on Tuesday Samsung said it would respond to Apple’s request and try to protect its products.

"We will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products in the U.S. market," said Samsung.

However, given Friday’s ruling, it does not seem likely that Samsung will have an easy job ahead of it. Luckily Apple is not going after the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note, as its injunction request targets legacy devices.

The court will rule on the sales ban request on September 20.

More here.

Rate this item
(0 votes)