The GX 750W resembles most other PSUs in its class, except perhaps for the fact that it’s slightly shorter. The GX 750W measures 150 × 140 × 86mm or 5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches.
That the PSU is slightly shorter is evident from the following picture where you see the GX 750W barely reaching the rubber rails in the Cooler Master 690 Advanced case. This PSU doesn’t come with modular design, but cables won’t be a problem in cases like Cooler Master 690 Advanced as the cables can be routed behind the motherboard and thus hidden.
All the cables are wrapped in protective plastic mesh and are aimed to provide anything a user might need. So, the CPU connector is 4+4 pin, PCI express connector is 6+2, etc., which enables the user to make different system setups.
The PSU features:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24pin connector. Length is 50cm.
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors which together form one EPS12V connector. The cable is 60cm in length.
- Four cables with 6+2 pin connector for graphics cards. The cables are 50cm long.
- Two cables, each with 4 SATA power connectors. The cable is 45cm long to the first connector; the distance between subsequent connectors is 10cm.
- One cable with SATA power connector, three standard connectors for peripheral units and one floppy connector. The cable is 45cm long to the first connector; the distance between subsequent connectors is 10cm.
The following picture shows the table on the GX 750W’s side, and it confirms the PSU is 750W. We only have one +12V rail with 60A which packs enough juice for stronger graphics cards. As you can see, the GX 750W offers four graphics card connectors, which pretty much means it will easily drive more power-hungry graphics cards.
The GX 750W is cooled by an internally controlled 120mm fan. Fan speed is altered based on actual temperatures within the PSU. The specs say that the fan is quiet and we can confirm that.
Noise is an important point that often plays a key role in choosing a PSU, but the same can be said for virtually any other PC component.
The back of the PSU has a mesh surface that improves airflow.
The following photo shows the GX 750W’s internals.