Featured Articles

TSMC: Volume production of 16nm FinFET in 2H 2015

TSMC: Volume production of 16nm FinFET in 2H 2015

TSMC has announced that it will begin volume production of 16nm FinFET products in the second half of 2015, in late…

More...
AMD misses earnings targets, announces layoffs

AMD misses earnings targets, announces layoffs

AMD has missed earnings targets and is planning a substantial job cuts. The company reported quarterly earnings yesterday and the street is…

More...
Did Google botch the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9?

Did Google botch the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9?

As expected, Google has finally released the eagerly awaited Nexus 6 phablet and its first 64-bit device, the Nexus 9 tablet.

More...
Gainward GTX 970 Phantom previewed

Gainward GTX 970 Phantom previewed

Nvidia has released two new graphics cards based on its latest Maxwell GPU architecture. The Geforce GTX 970 and Geforce GTX…

More...
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 reviewed

EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 reviewed

Nvidia has released two new graphics cards based on its latest Maxwell GPU architecture. The Geforce GTX 970 and Geforce GTX…

More...
Frontpage Slideshow | Copyright © 2006-2010 orks, a business unit of Nuevvo Webware Ltd.
Friday, 20 February 2009 13:55

Intel best selling chipsets are G31 / P31

Written by Fuad Abazovic

Image

43.4 percent planned in Q1


Intel expects that its best selling chipsets in Q1 2009 will be G31 and P31 based. These two will sell so well, that nothing else will come even close. If Intel's plan works well, by the end of this quarter its sales machine should sell 43.4 percent of this chipset. We can see that many OEMs would want such a chipset as it will enable many affordable machines.

The second best selling chipset is Intel's business is the Q45/Q43, and it is expected to take some 28 percent of sales, while the third place goes to G45, G43, P45 and P43 based chipsets with less than 11 percent of projected sales.

These three groups add up to a 82.4 percent share of total Intel's chipset sales, while the rest of the chipsets will account for the remaining 17.6 percent of total shipments.
Last modified on Friday, 20 February 2009 16:06
blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Facebook activity

Latest Commented Articles

Recent Comments