Published in Memory
OCZ announces new dual-channel DDR3 kits
by Slobodan Simic on25 August 2009
Ready for Lynnfield
OCZ is prepared for Intel's upcoming P55 chipset and Lynnfield CPU launch and has announced no less than six different DDR3 kits that will be part of OCZ's Gold and Platinum series.
All six of newly announced kits are coming as a 4GB (2x2048MB) kits and will be available with speeds ranging from 1333MHz to 1866MHz. They all work at 1.65V and are backed by a lifetime warranty.
The entire new lineup is cooled by OCZ's well known XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders painted in either platinum or gold color depending on the series.
All we need to see now are some Reaper HPC or maybe even some high performance water cooled Flex XLC dual-channel memory kits. Here is the full lineup of the announced memory kits:
- OCZ DDR3 PC3-15000 Platinum Low Voltage (2x2GB) 9-9-9-27 @ 1.65V
- OCZ DDR3 PC3-15000 Gold Low Voltage (2x2GB) 10-10-10-27 @ 1.65V
- OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum Low Voltage (2x2GB) 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65V
- OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Gold Low Voltage (2x2GB) 8-8-8-24 @ 1.65V
- OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum Low Voltage (2x2GB) 7-7-7-20 @ 1.65V
- OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Gold Low Voltage (2x2GB) 9-9-9-20@ 1.65V