Published in News

iPod Nano catches fire

by on08 October 2007


Too hot for some


Apple is keeping very quiet after there was a television report that an Douglasville man reported that his old Nano caught fire in his pants.

Danny Williams told his local television station that he looked down and saw flames coming up to his chest. The fire lasted about 15 seconds and the only reason he was not badly burned was because he was shielded by a piece of paper in his pocket.

The nano was only a year and a half old and uses a lithium ion battery.He said he was lucky because he works at a kiosk in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Security guards there seeing his smoking pocket might have thought he was a terrorist.

Apple has asked to see the iPod, but is refusing to say anything more.

More here.

Rate this item
(0 votes)