Featured Articles

TSMC: Volume production of 16nm FinFET in 2H 2015

TSMC: Volume production of 16nm FinFET in 2H 2015

TSMC has announced that it will begin volume production of 16nm FinFET products in the second half of 2015, in late…

More...
AMD misses earnings targets, announces layoffs

AMD misses earnings targets, announces layoffs

AMD has missed earnings targets and is planning a substantial job cuts. The company reported quarterly earnings yesterday and the street is…

More...
Did Google botch the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9?

Did Google botch the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9?

As expected, Google has finally released the eagerly awaited Nexus 6 phablet and its first 64-bit device, the Nexus 9 tablet.

More...
Gainward GTX 970 Phantom previewed

Gainward GTX 970 Phantom previewed

Nvidia has released two new graphics cards based on its latest Maxwell GPU architecture. The Geforce GTX 970 and Geforce GTX…

More...
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 reviewed

EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 reviewed

Nvidia has released two new graphics cards based on its latest Maxwell GPU architecture. The Geforce GTX 970 and Geforce GTX…

More...
Frontpage Slideshow | Copyright © 2006-2010 orks, a business unit of Nuevvo Webware Ltd.
Wednesday, 11 July 2007 12:06

U.S. semiconductor market demand increases

Written by David Stellmack

Image

To excide $46 Billon in 2007


The U.S. market for semiconductors was worth $45 billion in 2006, a 4.6% increase over 2005.

Strong sales growth is expected to continue, reflecting the release of Microsoft’s Vista operating system and new sales of digital electronics equipment. 

Integrated circuits sales represent the strongest part of the market at about 90% of overall revenues, with the other 10% of the market represented by sale of discrete semiconductor devices.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Facebook activity

Latest Commented Articles

Recent Comments