Fudzilla
April 17, 2014, 04:32:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tabs are toast  (Read 8212 times)
y eye

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:01:36 AM »

CES 2012 recap: New TV tech excites, tablets are toast

http://www.bgr.com/2012/01/13/ces-2012-rundown-new-tv-tech-excites-tablets-are-toast/

Martin Seto, writer for Masthead online has an interesting review and comment on "tablets-are-toast".

"After reviewing or looking at all the tablets in the marketplace launched in the last 18 months, I decided none them fit my needs, so I decided to create my own killer tablet based on what I want not what some engineer stuck in a lab thinks I want. As a magazine publisher I want a tablet with an 8 ˝” x 11” screen so I can easily read my magazine, PDFs and books without straining my eyes or having to pinch to enlarge the type. The world’s reading material is based on this size, you'd think these manufacturers would recognize this and create one that makes it easier to read and consume knowledge. I asked Lenovo this question and they said that the glass manufacturers have standard sizes for the glass based on their production methods."

8 1/2" * 11" ... that is laptop size, easy to handle with keyboard or tethered to your PC... Smiley
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:52:12 PM by y eye » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: