Fudzilla
April 17, 2014, 04:21:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic for every news in the forum  (Read 7468 times)
Thund3rhans

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2007, 09:26:34 PM »

Hey,

as it seems fudzilla is running Joomla and SMF wouldnīt it be a good idea to install a joomla-smf component with a bot who posts automatically the news in the forums so that the community can discuss the topic? Iīm running a Joomla-SMF powered page by myself (little local gamer community) and this component has brought some more activity into the forums (i think a bit more activitywould be nice here). Also the forums should run in wrapped mode, so that its viewable inside the joomla-page, that would be much more comfortable for the user. I could also help you to install that component, that wouldnt be a problem.

greets from germany (thats also the reason for my bad english Wink )
thunderhans

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:42:15 AM »

+1

Sometimes I want to discuss something about a news article posted on the main page, but I'm too lazy to open a new topic myself.  Smiley

If there was a link after each article that brought people to the corresponding post in this forum, it'd be a lot easier and it'd increase the hits for the forum too.
Gman
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:29:15 AM »

indeed, will have a word with our webmaster. sounds good to me tbh
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 04:09:12 PM »

I think it's a good idea too, I'm not sure but I think I've already mentioned it before. Anyway, the only issue as far as I'm concerned would be the number of threads. I'm no expert so could someone explain the following - would the bot create a new thread for every single bit of news, or just create the ones readers choose to comment ? I think opening threads for all the stories would create a huge mess, as most of them wouldn't be commented at all. Check out the benchmark.co.yu page and you'll see what I mean. Ein gutes Idea Hans, danke!
Thund3rhans

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »

I see what you mean but i donīt know if its possible to do that with the bot (but i think its possible, i will try it on my testing-page later). I only know that the author of the article can decide if there will be a thread or not.
The hack i mentioned is avaible at joomlahacks.com , if someone likes to try it.

@Nele: nice try to speak german Wink
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:04:53 AM »

good idea we are working on it
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »

Just tell you-know-who to hurry up...
Thund3rhans

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:07:11 AM »

still waiting for something to happen...
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 05:59:33 PM »

still waiting for something to happen...

Hans und wir warten immer noch das das Problem geloest wird. Der Vorschlag ist gut und wir hoffen das wir bald etwas erarbeiten werden...Or something like that...  Grin
Thund3rhans

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 07:35:14 PM »

Gutes Deutsch, waren keine fehler drinne Cheesy
Can you give out further details about that problem or is that critical internal stuff?^^
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 09:51:17 AM »

It's not a technical issue, it just that the good people responsible for these things are way too busy at the moment. We all are in fact. I also think we should focus a bit more on our forum, we've got a bunch of visitors, but very few of them choose to take part in discussions, and that's really a pity. We would all benefit from a popular forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: