Fudzilla
April 18, 2014, 04:13:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What about the price of R600?  (Read 3266 times)

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:09:34 PM »

Nobody's talking about the prices of the new cards. Everyone's talking about the performance, but not the price. We know now that the performance is similar to 8800 cards, but what about the price. Is ATI going to choose an aggressive pricing strategy? Or will the cards cost the same as 8800s? Any info on that?
Gman
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:39:11 AM »

well Leet, i recon that the r600 will be cheaper then the nvidia, it is about the only thing they can do at the moment. unles they actualy have a deadly top secret thing that will stun everyone at the day of launch, which is hightly unlikely me thinks.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »

I hope so, but they have never sold their cards cheaper than nvidia, even when nvidia was beating them by miles at every benchmark.

If they add the huge development costs for R600 to the price, we're in trouble.

I was kinda hoping for a price war between the two companies, driving the prices of high end cards lower.
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 12:29:40 PM »

I hope so, but they have never sold their cards cheaper than nvidia, even when nvidia was beating them by miles at every benchmark.

If they add the huge development costs for R600 to the price, we're in trouble.

I was kinda hoping for a price war between the two companies, driving the prices of high end cards lower.

If they do so, I don't think we're in trouble, they are... Anyway, I stopped buying anything high end years ago - patience saves a lot of money.
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

I still dont know the final prices as ATI still havent decided Smiley as simple as that but it should be cheap I would guess $399 to 499 in worst case scenario

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: