Fudzilla
April 19, 2014, 03:02:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For God Sake, R600 is 65nm!  (Read 20563 times)
King of Pilots

I come from awhalachkawaka. Seriously.

View Profile Email
« on: March 15, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »

Just googlin' around to find some facts aout r600, and i found out the real meaning of the delay! Ati is planning to shrink it at 65 nm!
Here is the link to italian page (i am itailan so here how i read it! Grin)
http://forumtgmonline.futuregamer.it/vb/showthread.php?t=64770&page=12
For anyone who simply cannot read the Dante's language, you will find in the ''link immagini'' a link to a page with pics of R600 demo, and on the link upper the page, written in german (cannot read it) in which the news is confirmed.
I farsee that this long wait won't be a waste of time.
Fudo, please unleash your investigative powers, and inform us!
Gman
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 10:47:10 PM »

um, wouldn't it be way longer process than that then just couple of months do develop new chip? i cant read italian tho Smiley guess we are doomed to wait for fudo to come back and see what he says
R600King!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:46:19 AM »

Oh, Don't you have contact with Fudo?  He said he saw the Ruby demo, etc and said the fur looked good.  I just wanted to know what he thought about the whole demo as a whole.  Did it run super smooth?

On a scale from 1 to 10 how imressed was he with the performance of what he saw?  Maybe can ask him next time you speak to him, ok?  Thanks. Smiley
King of Pilots

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 01:49:29 PM »

I do think that they secretly made the 65 nm version, by just sayn' nothing about the real dimensio of the chip. I do think this is the why of the delay: simply not enough power. Still i do think that this could make an X2900XTX at more than even 800 mhz. 1Ghz frequency?
I do think we can expect some great news, from now on! Grin
Gman
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 03:32:58 PM »

yes i do have contact with him but it is just too hectic there at athe moment, day starts at 7am and finishes after midnight.

yeah i doubt they secretly made 65nm chip but... the truth is they need to come up with something good either with r600 itself or to rocket lounch r700 since they are so late and can't really beat g80 that much at the moment as far as i know... but thats just me guessing
King of Pilots

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 05:37:19 PM »

I do think that they soon noticed the delay (let's say in february) and had some low performance problems, so used the previous prokects, shrinked all to 65 nm and now they are doing the last work and mass production. They also whore that it is gonna have less power requirements, and higher clocks.Still we will have to see what will it do. I do think i will buy the R600 XTX (watercoooled if possible, or a cooler from artic cooler) and than upgrade my mobo, my CPU, and my RAM in the second quarter of 2008. I do still think that the good time to get a real DX10 card will be sometime near Q1 of 2009, if we are lucky.  Indeed i will buy R600 because of its DX9 capabilities, no care of DX10. Also because i hate Vista and its RAM eating. I will buy that expensive money sucker on 2k8 or later, if there will still be any DX9 version of games (as there will be, because people won't upgrade to DX10 before 2 years).
Gman
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »

yeah i kinda agree with youon that one. there is a lot of delays and unifinished projects including vista itself. dx10 games are all late, dx10 cards are not even out, well apart from nvidia but they are doing jack all at the moment. if i was a normal user that wants an upgrade i would defo wait for Q1 2008 and see how it goes.
King of Pilots

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 09:39:08 PM »

Dude you read the news about R600? More than 1ghz and less than a third of power consume! OMG this will make me buy one ASAP! Even 2 if my friend will buy my old X1800XT and give me 150 bucks!

Seriously, ATI this time seem to be doing something reeeally brave, hope it will rock Grin!
dk9

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 01:36:15 AM »

Fudo's pal Theo had to say this Shocked
The 80nm R600 die - as it was leaked - will now come to life only in a very limited amount of chips, since AMD decided to solve its problems by pulling all resources to go 65 nano across the board, including this 720 million trannie heavy monster. This drastically reduces power consumption and lets AMD clock the R600 to 1GHz or even more. The mass production R600 will be made on a 65 nanometre process.

We have talked with several high-ranking AMD executives and confirmed this rumour. So, from March 16th at 19:59 CET - the R600 which you will buy in stores in May will be 65nm, and will consume almost one third less power than the 80 nanometre one.
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38292

What have you heard Fudo ?  Tongue
King of Pilots

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 02:06:19 PM »

No more may launch!

http://www.3dfxzone.it/news/puntatore.php?uid=4664

Here you can find out that will be out for end of march, and avability in April!! Fog God Sake!!

God bless ATI!
Gman
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=161&Itemid=1

by the way the italian forum links to a german article that says nothing about 65nm and does NOT show the pics of R600.

King of Pilots

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »

It is impossoble to post any photo of R600 due to the NDA agreement.

Look here for the release date and the 65nm process.http://www.3dfxzone.it/news/
i would not post anything without proof.
ThePate

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 10:57:21 PM »

For me. Well, sounds nice! Chip is cheaper to make, consumes less power, emits less heat, and is capable to higher frequenzies!

Just so great. Smiley
King of Pilots

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »

And now FUDO wrote that it won't be a 65 nm card! 80nm!!
Ati is over. No more high end market. At last for 1 year. I hope another GPU making home will be made, but i think it will take some years. Damned AMD, why the hell they had to buy and ruin ATI???
Gman
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 07:53:42 PM »

also launch is in may
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: