Fudzilla
April 25, 2014, 01:04:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 5 March articles on Fermi cards are puff pieces unworthy of you.  (Read 2246 times)
Arbie

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »

This reads like an Nvidia press release: nothing technically wrong but overall very misleading.  I don't think Nvidia themselves could spin it better, considering the hole they're in.  What I really object to is that unqualified hype like this from Fudzilla will lead folks to rush out and buy - a move that most will later regret.

"Massive volume launch with thousands of cards available ... which might easily sell out".  The truth appears to be that Nvidia *can't* produce more than a few thousand of each of the GTX470 and 480 because of  serious design and manufacturability deficiencies, and that to accomplish even this means driving the chips to their voltage and power limits.  Which incidentally means that the failure rate on these is liable to be high, besides the heat and fan noise involved.

And at the same time you uncritically reproduce the equally misleading Nvidia graph showing Unigine performance.  Sure you mention somewhere that this is an artificial benchmark, but a lot of damage is done.  Informed sources predict only a small margin between GTX480 and HD 5870 in real games - certainly not worth taking on the drawbacks mentioned above..

Nvidia must have been very happy with these puff pieces.  I am a very faithful long-time reader of Fudzilla but this is not like you and not what I expect from you.
y eye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »

Puff-Fluff... Smoke and Mirrors:

Traditionally when Marketing resorts to these techniques the intention is to hide/cover a reality.
The best/worst example is M$...

However, in this thread it is Fudzilla... Staff? Would you please provide a source for your subject?

Thanks... y

jimmy09

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »

Yeah I've been reading Fudzilla for a couple of years now, and like #1, I think you have gone way to far in the NV-fanboism the last year or so.

Even though FUD stands for Fear Uncertainty Doubt, I think you are to biased.

Look at the front page, "Geforce GTX 480 massive availability April 6th"

and

"ATI fights 58x0 shortage"

The words "massive availability" are used with Nvidia and the words "fights shortage" are used with AMD/ATI.. This is spin and very misleading when you know that it is Nvidia that hasn't got any card out right now.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:10:38 PM by jimmy09 » Logged
Halley

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »

Companies come and go but Fudzilla and people associated with it and its reputation are there to stay. I have been reading Fudzilla since its birth and like its format very much but I'm a little bit disappointed recently with its nvidia reporting.
The availability of the card in question may be massive but professional journalism wouldn't say in such definite term.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: