Fudzilla
April 19, 2014, 10:20:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Vista forgotten?  (Read 13978 times)
lobsta21

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:04:12 AM »

I have Microsoft Vista Ultimate on my 2 home computers. It works fine for what a OS is supposed to do.I turned off that nagging sidebar and the DEP prompts. It is on a Notebook and a gaming machine. Other than getting confused and acting oddly at rare times It is good enough for us. I waited to buy it til sp1. Now, will Ms continue to support it thru Service Packs or let us Vista users be the "red headed stepchild in the attic"? There is news of a Service Pack for "7" but silence on vista. For almost several years Vista was our only choice on new computers. Linux is too confusing and the Mac OS container too expensive. My wife is a nurse and I am a blue collar maintenance worker. Buying another OS which to me is a lighter version of what We have is seemingly forced upon me because the First one "Vista" was alledgedly a dog, yet It (Vista) does work and another
Service Pack may make it as good as XP. Are there any ideas on whether Vista will be supported? I asked Microsoft and got spammed by "7" deals which I can't afford and don't want. We, Dear Wife and myself feel like the shaft is heading our way. P.S. I own 2 seperate OS. I was raised to pay for what I want and make it last. And I build and fix my computers, except the laptops which I try to fix. My car is 13 years old and fine.  Thank You
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:11:38 AM »

Yes it is. Even XP will be longer supported than Vista. Vista is so to speak a "dead end" Smiley

best,

Eliot
werner7

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:34:06 AM »

Sadly it is forgotten,

I loved it, but now own windows 7 (got it free from Microsoft as I'm a student), otherwise I would have been stuck on it too.
Buy a new HDD, and buy an OEM version of windows 7 (its the cheapest option).

Werner7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: