Fudzilla
April 17, 2014, 07:15:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discuss this article  (Read 10564 times)
motiv
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:25:07 AM »

I've noticed you have a "Discussion about Articles" section on the website but within the reviews there is no option to discuss the article (that you sometimes see at the bottom of reviews and news items on other web sites).

It would make it far easier to click on a link within the article to discuss it, rather than try to find the article on the forum yourself.

It might also be worth considering getting rid of the "Discussion about Articles" sub forum and creating the links directly in the relevant forum instead.
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:44:20 AM »

hey there,
we are planing to offer a link in every article where you will be able to comment every single one. ETA very soon
flippin_waffles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:54:24 PM »

Great idea. I'm liking this site already. Smiley Where is the server located? It's really fast for me and i'm in Canada.
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »

well its still fast as we dont have a heavy load located in the states I guess
Jayceon Carter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 11:36:40 PM »

Great to hear you're planning on adding a link to every article! But maybe it would be nice to integrate comments/discussions directly within every article. So when you open an article, you read it and it is then followed by the comments. This way you don't have to link to the forum and with the option of a quick reply directly beneath every article, I think there will be more comments.

Either way, it is an addition to the already great website. I really like the clean lay-out, please keep it that way. ;-)

C2D E6300 | XFX 8600 GT XXX | Corsair 2GB 6400C4 | Raptor 74 | P5N32-E SLI Plus | Dell 2405FPW | G15 | MX518
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »

Great to hear you're planning on adding a link to every article! But maybe it would be nice to integrate comments/discussions directly within every article. So when you open an article, you read it and it is then followed by the comments. This way you don't have to link to the forum and with the option of a quick reply directly beneath every article, I think there will be more comments.

Either way, it is an addition to the already great website. I really like the clean lay-out, please keep it that way. ;-)

Thanks Jayceon, and welcome. Article discussion is just one of the things we plan to add to the site, but as you can see the workload is just plain crazy so we just don't have the time right now. But we really need to do something about that. There's a few hundred people on on the site at any given moment, but very few seem to have the time or interest to post comments on our forum. Since our readers are true enthusiasts I think the discussions would be really interesting and informative. BTW, great avatar...
Dirtbiker14519

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »

I agree,  "discuss this article" link at the bottom of the article would make the forums a little more lively Tongue.
Dirtbiker14519

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »

Just wanted to bump this thread, exactly one year after it was made. I really would be more active in these forums if there was a "comment" button on the bottom of each article.
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »

we are working on improved engine and it will have this option, it is on our TODO list and we want to hear your voice.
Sarcastic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »

we are working on improved engine and it will have this option, it is on our TODO list and we want to hear your voice.

I look forward to it. That would bring allot more discussion to the forums. =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: