Fudzilla
April 21, 2014, 03:21:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you like to have 8TB hard drive  (Read 25936 times)
vicky221084
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »

Few days ago, i went to market to purchase some computer acessories. I asked my shopkeeper if he has 2 TB hard drive, he gave me a nasty smile and said , "we have 8TB hard drive also". i thought who will use those hard disks , may be some companies where storage is unlimited. Perhaps may be some photographer, or people dealing with graphics, or some kind of related stuff.
But do you think, you will be using an 8Tb hard drive any soon ?
I cant see mysefl using anything like that capacity for another few years. Also i dont think having 8TB hard drive will make life easy, It will be a daunting task to keep updates of all the data if you have that much storage with you. It is huge really. Would you like to have one of that kind ?
heyall

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »

yeah, an 8tb hdd would be awesome!!!

I bet it costs wayyyyyyy too much tho! Sad

So i'll wait for the price to drop to what 1,5 and 2tbs are today before I buy it

fwoot

rex1234_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 06:20:15 PM »

a lot of people in the entertainment industry are actually willing to pay whatever it costs for stuff like this. More and more djs and mcs (al least the anal ones) are leaving their mixes in flac or using hd video backdrops. My 1T seagate is running with less than 100g free (used for storage only) and while I wont be running out to buy an 8T hard drive I will appreciate the fact that the one I will buy will be considerably cheaper due to these advancements. I mean I paid over $400 for my hd a couple of years ago and now theyre just over $100 (au prices). All I can say is hip hip hurray for free enterprise markets  Lips sealed
rambaldi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:09:23 PM »

a lot of people in the entertainment industry are actually willing to pay whatever it costs for stuff like this. More and more djs and mcs (al least the anal ones) are leaving their mixes in flac or using hd video backdrops. My 1T seagate is running with less than 100g free (used for storage only) and while I wont be running out to buy an 8T hard drive I will appreciate the fact that the one I will buy will be considerably cheaper due to these advancements. I mean I paid over $400 for my hd a couple of years ago and now theyre just over $100 (au prices). All I can say is hip hip hurray for free enterprise markets  Lips sealed

Completely agree with you. But right now I have to deal with having just 40gigs in my lap top and boy is it hard at times lol

Phenom II x4 965 (c3), MSI 790FX GD70, MSI HD5970, 2x2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 CL7,  4x1TB Seagate 7200.12, Ikonic RaX10 Liquid, Silverstone ST1500
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: