Fudzilla
April 20, 2014, 06:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we getting too much speed in our computers , or it is just on paper  (Read 2783 times)
vicky221084
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:01:58 PM »

From era of slow computing processes , long waiting time , to now super quick fast changing technology, are we heading towards too much speed coming into more and more advanced resources day by day. Or we need to get more out of it, this speed is not enough.
Previously when the first nano processor was launched, i first thought we are right into super mega speed world now, but it actually took some time to get going. Things started to get better and now we are getting a hell of speedy computers every now and then, when people started talking about dual core, core 2 duo was already in the process.
Similarily, when core 2 duo was in process, we heard of quad core, and then came intel 7 i core. its just so amazing how much speed we have gathered in a very short time of period. Thanks to the technicians and scientists who are working on it.
But the questions is , are we getting that much speed, what we are craving for or not ?
Halley

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »

I'm earning my living on 3 AMD microprocessors (dual core 4800, 4600 and Turion 58 - they are cheap) and feel that their speed is adequate but my my main computers at home are Q6600 and Phenom 9950 which will be replaced in 6 - 8 months by whatever AMD is going to offer.
People want to acquire the fastest because they need it or just for bragging rights (What! The guy next door has a faster rig?).
Honestly I don't need a computer faster than that Q6600 (overclocked to 3.4 GHZ). Building PC's just happens to be my hobby.

How many are there people who earn his living by video editing and encoding and need to shave here and there a few minutes or  even seconds?
Then we have at least a well known website that screams for speed at any cost and has been diplaying bias toward a CPU manufacturer.
rambaldi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »

I am living on a system that is beaten soundly by pretty much any netbook (1.4 Ghz Celeron M, 512G DDR shared with radeon 200M graphics) but yeah I would certainly like something newer lol, would let me switch to the next fudzilla news article faster.

Phenom II x4 965 (c3), MSI 790FX GD70, MSI HD5970, 2x2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 CL7,  4x1TB Seagate 7200.12, Ikonic RaX10 Liquid, Silverstone ST1500
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »

For everyday need even a dual-core atom with an HD chipset would be enough.
Sadly companies do mostly not offer such things.

While ITX platform is very expensive, they are selling like hot cakes. The J&W minix board had exceptional success in Asia and Zotac is selling dual-core Ion boards also with much success.

Gamers do need more powerfull machines, but not because the CPUs are so slow, but the games are programmed with C++ or C# which does take away much performance. Even high-end graphics-card can't compensate for bad programming Smiley

best,

Eliot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: