Fudzilla
April 23, 2014, 12:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lucid logix hydra chip article  (Read 2815 times)
technogiant

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »

Hi, was recently reading this article

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12128&Itemid=1

Was interested that the chip has to be set to run in one of two modes for gpgpu or graphics and was wondering how that would pan out is in a gaming system where it would obviously be set to graphics but you may also want it to do gpgpu type applications simultaneously like cuda physx and I believe both nvidia and ati are also working towards doing game AI on the graphics card...would the hydra chip be able to do both types at the same time?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:36:31 PM by technogiant » Logged
mr.goodbench

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 02:38:42 AM »

I think this has the potential to be be the biggest thing to influence the PC market in at least a decade. We now have the chance to double and triple the rendering capacity of our machines by adding  additional graphic cards. Games like GTA4 and Crysis were made with future hardware in mind and I'm guessing  game programmers will be now be playing catch up with the new hardware very soon. What are the latest developments with this tech? Where are the new demos?  Where is the new hardware?  Show me the hydra!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: