Fudzilla
April 19, 2014, 12:14:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia responds to anti-Ion presentation  (Read 11479 times)
bobex
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »

Here is the presentation in which Nvidia responds to Intel's anti-Ion campaign

Linq

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:59:51 PM »

Quote from: Intel
“Netbooks are for basic internet tasks, such as browsing, email, social networking, etc. While we can understand why nVidia would want to re-define the category to suit their needs, the fact of the matter is netbooks are not intended to be nor have they ever been, designed for higher end graphics or for use as gaming machines. Clearly this would also introduce additional cost to an already bare-bones platform.”

Clearly this is just jibberish, who stated that netbooks can only have crap graphics? Intel is just afraid that the nVidia ION platform will become more populair than their chipsets for netbooks, this is a low way to handle this. You should count on competition on a free market.

I for one look forward to the ION platform and I'm considering of buying something with the ION platform when it's been released.
CJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »

Well, you can't say we didn't see this coming. I guess Intel thought Nvidia will just sit idle while they bash their ace, but this is not the time to be letting bucks slip trough your hands.

Intel should be happy it's Atom that Nvidia plans to use, despite the fact that it might leave them with a batch of 945GSEs on their hands. Hey, maybe they could ask Nvidia for some renaming advice, and perhaps dump it on unsuspecting public that way Cheesy
rambaldi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »

Hey, maybe they could ask Nvidia for some renaming advice, and perhaps dump it on unsuspecting public that way Cheesy

Maybe they could rebrand it?

Phenom II x4 965 (c3), MSI 790FX GD70, MSI HD5970, 2x2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 CL7,  4x1TB Seagate 7200.12, Ikonic RaX10 Liquid, Silverstone ST1500
CJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 11:51:07 AM »

Yeah, that's what I meant Smiley

Imagine 945GSE getting renamed to, for instance - Silverville 5E

Wanna bet it'd sell like hotcakes? Cheesy
Linq

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »

Most probably, but Intel is revealing it's true colors as the IT-dictator once again. First forcing manufacturers to ship AMD motherboards in white boxes and now this again. Shit company tbh...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: