Fudzilla
April 21, 2014, 10:47:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Club3D's HD 4670 runs Crysis " - graphs are all hosed  (Read 1970 times)
Arbie

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »

Throughout this article the graph bar lengths are wildly disproportionate to the numbers they represent.  For example, the bar length for a 33 FPS result is almost the same as for 56 FPS - and it's not because the scale is so large.  They're just all wrong.

Separate point:  Fudzilla misuses the word "crippled" when referring to graphics boards that are reduced versions of some more powerful product.   "Crippled" implies broken, or useless, or incapable.  What you really mean is "cut down", or "scaled back".  There may be other English phrases that suit as well, though I can't think of a single word that does it.  But please drop "crippled" because it's way too severe.

Also please stop calling everything "solutions".  This has got to be one of the most overused tech neologisms of our day.

At least you don't keep saying "that said"...  Some journos can't write a paragraph without using it.

BTW I love your site and for more than a year have read it first thing every morning Mon-Fri.  Keep up the good work.  Just trying to help a bit here.

Arbie
bobex
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 05:55:47 PM »

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll try to fix those graphs in the next review... I agree about crippled, we'll try to use some less severe words Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: