Fudzilla
April 17, 2014, 02:46:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 to be Released in 2010 - OEM Shipments in Q2 2009  (Read 10750 times)
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

audiofreak39@gmail.com AuDioFreaK39
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 15, 2008, 08:03:21 AM »

So I'm guessing that the long-speculated rumors of Windows 7 releasing in 2009 may just be right.  Have a look at this recent article:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=249254

Redmond (WA) - The seventh generation of Microsoft's operating system software is scheduled for a release in the year 2010.

According to Softpedia, development of Windows 7 began on the release of Windows Vista. "We are currently in the planning stages for Windows 7 and development is scoped to three years from Windows Vista Consumer GA. The specific release date will be determined once the company meets its quality bar for release," said a Microsoft spokesperson to Softpedia.

TG Daily got a look at Windows 7 Milestone 1 earlier this year. Softpedia says Milestone 2 is expected to be done some time in the next month and a half.

Windows 7, previously codenamed Blackcomb Vienna (AuDioFreaK39:  hehe I remember this name from 2003 when I was just 11 Cheesy), will include such features as touchscreen functionality and a smaller kernel that only uses 40 MB of memory. It also reportedly only takes 10 minutes to install.

Additionally, a new version of Windows Media Center will be available alongside the new OS. The new operating system is expected to ship to manufacturers beginning in the second half of 2009.

Windows 7 Milestone 1 uses the Vista Ultimate display profile and specification. When Vista was launched, it was part of Microsoft's biggest launch event ever, but consumers have been tepid about upgrading from Windows XP. The first Service Pack for Vista was set to be available in the early part of 2008.

Core i7 Extreme 965 {} EVGA X58 SLI Classified Limited Edition{} 6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 {} EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Plus [Quad-SLI] {} Thermalright TRUE Copper
fwoot

rex1234_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 02:18:39 PM »

Havn't they sped the process up caus people were saying that windows 7 will be widely available by mid half of next year?
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

audiofreak39@gmail.com AuDioFreaK39
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »

Havn't they sped the process up caus people were saying that windows 7 will be widely available by mid half of next year?

It's all speculation.  In my opinion, I really don't see Windows 7 debuting until mid-2010.  They need to saturate Vista into the market more.

Core i7 Extreme 965 {} EVGA X58 SLI Classified Limited Edition{} 6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 {} EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Plus [Quad-SLI] {} Thermalright TRUE Copper
fwoot

rex1234_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »

i thought they would have just given up? When you see computers advertised with a 'downgrade to windows xp feature' you know it not going well
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: