Fudzilla
April 16, 2014, 11:53:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "iPhone 3" to use Intel's x86 Atom Processor?  (Read 13808 times)
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

audiofreak39@gmail.com AuDioFreaK39
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 13, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/12/iphone-x86

"Intel will have their usual hissy-fit when this is published, but we have source after source telling us that it will happen,so we will go with that. If you are going to buy an Iphone, wait. If you get one now, you will do what happens with any first gen Apple device, hate yourself when the real one comes out soon. Then again, if you are dumb enough to buy one in the first place, you probably will feel honoured to spend more on the new one.

If you are wondering what the Moorestown launch device is, this is a good bet, although others may trickle out before or after.  So save your pennies boys and girls, the Iphone3 is going to be pretty nice, if a bit fascistic."

The "iPhone 3" mentioned in this article is equivalent to the 3G iPhone coming this summer, correct?  I'm guessing "iPhone 2" was the 16GB iPhone released on February 5, 2008. Then again, I could be wrong...no?

Core i7 Extreme 965 {} EVGA X58 SLI Classified Limited Edition{} 6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 {} EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Plus [Quad-SLI] {} Thermalright TRUE Copper
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:46:50 AM »

Then again, I could be wrong...no?

Who carez? iPhone is only for idiots who pay way too much for something nobody really needs, except some blokoes cracking the software. Apple is much worser than M$ ever was...

Btw: Atom is extremely slow and just single core. Even the cheapest 266MHz ARM can do dual-core Smiley

best,

Eliot.
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

audiofreak39@gmail.com AuDioFreaK39
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 06:29:46 AM »

Acutally, Intel is going to be releasing dual-core Atoms very soon according to several sources.  And also, I care because I want to be informed about the future of the next "high-end RAZR" in a sense (iPhone) and how Steve B**wjobs is going to pull it off  Cheesy

Core i7 Extreme 965 {} EVGA X58 SLI Classified Limited Edition{} 6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 {} EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Plus [Quad-SLI] {} Thermalright TRUE Copper
manwe

siavash.sameni
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »

Then again, I could be wrong...no?

Who carez? iPhone is only for idiots who pay way too much for something nobody really needs, except some blokoes cracking the software. Apple is much worser than M$ ever was...

Btw: Atom is extremely slow and just single core. Even the cheapest 266MHz ARM can do dual-core Smiley

best,

Eliot.
I don't agree with you at all !!!
M$ is making the worst OS ever made , they see the issues and what will they do Huh
they won't reconstruct their OS , Why Huh Compatibility with older apps , what's the cost Huh
larger and larger windoze !! which is a memory hog which is slower than ever , they also do some innovations !!!
The windoze is JUST GUI based so look at their new windows 2008 Server Core , and you'll understand what I'm saying , apple saw the flaws in their own OS 9 Series so they've sacrificed compatibility and moved to Darwin core which is technically is a unixoid (it is based on FreeBSD 5) . moreover they understood the Gigahertz fever and moved to Intel although they've made PowerPC alliance . so they're not comparable to M$ .
the only reason that we're still stick to old and inefficient x86 CISC architecture is because of the M$ .
everyone knows that RISC architecture is more efficient than modest CISC architectures as you can see IBM Cell processors have got more processing power than even intel core micro architecture . moreover if you compare old mac G5s (which are at least 5 years older than Core2s) they are even competitive in the same clock .
the only reason that mac won't release OSX for standalone installation is just because of the support , I mean hardware support . the same situation that we're encountering in Linux .
VGA drivers are not mature , for example Geforce 2 Pro outperforms 7300GT & Radeon X1300 .
after 5 years you can't install Xfi drivers on linux easily ( although they've released a driver which you need to recompile the kernel from slab to slub and still it's not working properly)
and so on . so if Apple release it's OSX to market no one will be satisfied .

and about the iPhone , I wanted to buy a cellphone , so I looked around and found a couple of cellphone with 380 MHz ARM processors or 200 MHz version from either Nokia & SonyEricsson but they've performed so slow that i didn't wanted to even look at them i have to add that they're all using well known Symbian OS , more over mp3 playback was so poor that i didn't wanted to even listen to anykind of music keep in mind that for example Nokia N81 8GB or 5700 Speciality's are in music I even tried Sennheiser CX300 in earphone's and my own HD595 Headset with them , but when i touched iPhone i fell in love with it , it is as expensive as N81 (so it's not that expensive) it's music playback quality is superior to every cellphone it also is sleek and toooooo fast for a cellphone so why should I be stupid to buy one Huh
the only drawback is that it's not 3G and the bluetooth thing , which I can deal with 'em .

about Atom I agree with you , basically x86 isn't a good option for portable devices .
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:23:27 AM »

M$ is making the worst OS ever made , they see the issues and what will they do Huh
they won't reconstruct their OS , Why Huh Compatibility with older apps , what's the cost Huh
larger and larger windoze !! which is a memory hog which is slower than ever , they also do some innovations !!!
The windoze is JUST GUI based so look at their new windows 2008 Server Core , and you'll understand what I'm saying , apple saw the flaws in their own OS 9 Series so they've sacrificed compatibility and moved to Darwin core which is technically is a unixoid (it is based on FreeBSD 5) . moreover they understood the Gigahertz fever and moved to Intel although they've made PowerPC alliance . so they're not comparable to M$ .
the only reason that we're still stick to old and inefficient x86 CISC architecture is because of the M$ .
everyone knows that RISC architecture is more efficient than modest CISC architectures as you can see IBM Cell processors have got more processing power than even intel core micro architecture . moreover if you compare old mac G5s (which are at least 5 years older than Core2s) they are even competitive in the same clock .
the only reason that mac won't release OSX for standalone installation is just because of the support , I mean hardware support . the same situation that we're encountering in Linux .
VGA drivers are not mature , for example Geforce 2 Pro outperforms 7300GT & Radeon X1300 .
after 5 years you can't install Xfi drivers on linux easily ( although they've released a driver which you need to recompile the kernel from slab to slub and still it's not working properly)

and about the iPhone , I wanted to buy a cellphone , so I looked around and found a couple of cellphone with 380 MHz ARM processors or 200 MHz version from either Nokia & SonyEricsson but they've performed so slow that i didn't wanted to even look at them i have to add that they're all using well known Symbian OS , more over mp3 playback was so poor that i didn't wanted to even listen to anykind of music keep in mind that for example Nokia N81 8GB or 5700 Speciality's are in music I even tried Sennheiser CX300 in earphone's and my own HD595 Headset with them , but when i touched iPhone i fell in love with it , it is as expensive as N81 (so it's not that expensive) it's music playback quality is superior to every cellphone it also is sleek and toooooo fast for a cellphone so why should I be stupid to buy one Huh
the only drawback is that it's not 3G and the bluetooth thing , which I can deal with 'em .

about Atom I agree with you , basically x86 isn't a good option for portable devices .

You don't have to agree with me Smiley

The slow-ness comes from the OS involved, and Apple is doing nothing else as creating a GUI as M$ does. Apple took BSD which is similar to Linux and put a new GUI on it. If you have read about the iPhone SDK this is worse compared to M$. You are allowed to use it, but you can sell your stuff only via iTunes, you have to pay Apple 30% and only Apple decides if the application is worth for downloading - welcome to Cuba. Sorry, Apple is doing the monopolist things and I will not support such a company - so be sure - I will never buy any Apple product, because they are just cheapo toys with clever marketing and bad customer support. If you fall for it - your problem. My phone has to do one thing: It should phone. I don't need cameras, I don't need interweb, I don't need any other gimmicks. I want a PHONE. For my music I own a mediaplayer (with Rockbox (.org) on it, so I can play any other format besides .mp3 - which will also work on Apple iPods Cheesy - and has tons of options no player actually has). If I want to make good pictures, I will buy a camera. So be happy with your iPhone, pay ridiculous provider fees - I don't care, but don't come whining when in some near future Apple owns you.

best,

Eliot
manwe

siavash.sameni
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »

You don't have to agree with me Smiley

The slow-ness comes from the OS involved, and Apple is doing nothing else as creating a GUI as M$ does. Apple took BSD which is similar to Linux and put a new GUI on it. If you have read about the iPhone SDK this is worse compared to M$. You are allowed to use it, but you can sell your stuff only via iTunes, you have to pay Apple 30% and only Apple decides if the application is worth for downloading - welcome to Cuba. Sorry, Apple is doing the monopolist things and I will not support such a company - so be sure - I will never buy any Apple product, because they are just cheapo toys with clever marketing and bad customer support. If you fall for it - your problem. My phone has to do one thing: It should phone. I don't need cameras, I don't need interweb, I don't need any other gimmicks. I want a PHONE. For my music I own a mediaplayer (with Rockbox (.org) on it, so I can play any other format besides .mp3 - which will also work on Apple iPods Cheesy - and has tons of options no player actually has). If I want to make good pictures, I will buy a camera. So be happy with your iPhone, pay ridiculous provider fees - I don't care, but don't come whining when in some near future Apple owns you.

best,

Eliot

I don't support any companies policy , whether it is apple or M$ , but personally i hate M$ .
moreover i were not aware of apples such policy , it's just stupid !!!
moreover where do you think i live Huh , I haven't paid ridiculous prices for iPhone , I've paid something like 500 bucks , but because of unavailability i sold my phone for about 700 bucks lol Cheesy . moreover there are no provider in iran who supports iphone , so it was some sort of unlocked version .
after all i mostly agree with you about owning mp3 player and camera instead of having phone and such sort of things , i love my own old A95 a lot more than any phone camera on the market .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: