Fudzilla
April 19, 2014, 04:13:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phenom Triple Core B3  (Read 12633 times)
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 07:06:48 AM »

Note to Fud, when discussing AMD products, the FSB on current processors runs at CPU speed except the Phenom's memory controller and north bridge run at slower speeds. What you are referring to setting at 230 it the CPU reference clock or CPU clock. This is important when posting on open forums and journals as people see FSB and think you mean System Bus. If a casual user looks at systems, they might see you say 230FSB on an AMD and then see an intel advertised as 1333FSB.

I've been following stories on the trikes since announced. I don't see a use in my shop at this time unless they run on older AM2 boards. Currently I run X2 because I've had them for a while and now moving Quads because I need s many cores as I can get at best speed per dollar (including a iQ6600). Where these X3s benefit most is for people wanting a little better office machines, media centers, video encoding and home users that like to do more.

If you see a Phenom X3 with 2N L3 at or near the sub 3 Gigahertz X2 prices then the X3 is going to be a much better choice because all that cache help in most cases such as gaming, encoding, CAD, rendering and big spread sheets. The OEMs see this as a way to get more sales from the gotta have it but won't spend what it costs for a quad.

We know that, but in common language it's still FSB, even if it's not Smiley
Our benches also show 333MHz FSB not marketing-speak of 1333MHz.

At Crysis a Phenom Tri-Core is slower compared to an X2 4850E, which is quite strange. We are investigating that issue, but this will take us some time. Also a dual-core Intel downclocked to 2.3GHz is much faster than any Phenom quad-core. Personally I would not recommand any AMD CPU for gaming, the best use is in HTPC because the 780G chipset is and will be unmatched for the time beeing.

Eliot

best,

Eliot
aznstriker92

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 10:37:25 PM »

Really thats interesting, where did you read that?

Running a X600 128mb, In need of a new graphics card badly......
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 06:56:13 AM »

Really thats interesting, where did you read that?

I did the tests? More infos will follow Wink

best,

Eliot
aznstriker92

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 06:44:23 PM »

Hmm well I don't remeber seeing crysis utilize any quad cores..

Running a X600 128mb, In need of a new graphics card badly......
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: