Fudzilla
April 21, 2014, 02:32:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGTech ES-800 800w Power Supply - Review by [H]ard|OCP  (Read 11343 times)
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

audiofreak39@gmail.com AuDioFreaK39
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:54:49 PM »

BFGTech ES-800 800w Power Supply

BFG is back in the game, and this time they are at the top of it.  Read the review to find out why the new ES-800 could possibly be the new PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad 750.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ2NywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Core i7 Extreme 965 {} EVGA X58 SLI Classified Limited Edition{} 6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 {} EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Plus [Quad-SLI] {} Thermalright TRUE Copper
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:06:06 PM »

cool, just another PSU the masses don't need....
they should do a 250W PSU and I would be happy...

best,

Eliot.
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »

cool, just another PSU the masses don't need....
they should do a 250W PSU and I would be happy...

best,

Eliot.

Wow.  Pretty hard to hear this coming from a member of the Fudzilla Crew - after all, you guys are all about the latest and greatest.  I think this BFG 800w PSU will give those 1 kilowatt "gotta have it" enthusiasts a run for their money.

Core i7 Extreme 965 {} EVGA X58 SLI Classified Limited Edition{} 6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 {} EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Plus [Quad-SLI] {} Thermalright TRUE Copper
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »

Wow.  Pretty hard to hear this coming from a member of the Fudzilla Crew - after all, you guys are all about the latest and greatest.  I think this BFG 800w PSU will give those 1 kilowatt "gotta have it" enthusiasts a run for their money.

Do you think i messure power-consumption for fun? Smiley
If you read the E8400 review and calculate a second HD3870 into the graphs, than you will get about 90W more for the second card... but be sure I will check that out, when I have some spare time.

Anyone using more than two graphic cards or more than one dual-gpu card, has either too much money and does not care about the costs, is just stupid or he (girls would not do such illogical buys, except it's shoes or bags Wink ) needs a dick extension. With most games, they don't scale that well with two cards, three or more gets only worse. In autumn we get RV770 cards, which will wipe the floor with 8800/9600/9800 cards, except so called "nVidia only" Games, where the engine is programmed only for nVidia architecture such as Crysis. Of course games can be slower or faster on some cards, but that much difference means they have optimized the engine for nVidia only... and personally I do not support such unethical beheaviour and that's one more reason for me not to consider nVidia at all.

I was also very glad that ATI broke the chain of hardware "optimisation", but nVidia continues now with software-optimisations just to get the dick some points longer... they should concentrate on bugs and better interface.

best,

Eliot.
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 04:44:34 AM »

he...needs a dick extension....  Cheesy ... In autumn we get RV770 cards, which will wipe the floor with 8800/9600/9800 cards, except so called "nVidia only" Games, where the engine is programmed only for nVidia architecture such as Crysis. Of course games can be slower or faster on some cards, but that much difference means they have optimized the engine for nVidia only... and personally I do not support such unethical beheaviour and that's one more reason for me not to consider nVidia at all.

I was also very glad that ATI broke the chain of hardware "optimisation", but nVidia continues now with software-optimisations just to get the dick some points longer... they should concentrate on bugs and better interface.

best,

Eliot.

Do you not remember the conflict between ATi and Nvidia that happened in June over Call of Juarez?  I think ATi has a fair share in this so called "unethical behavior" that you speak of.  Have a read to refresh your memory:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070620151758.html

Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 06:07:33 AM »

Do you not remember the conflict between ATi and Nvidia that happened in June over Call of Juarez?  I think ATi has a fair share in this so called "unethical behavior" that you speak of.  Have a read to refresh your memory:

No I do not, because it's most of the time nVidia doing it, besides driver "optimisation".
Nobody says AMD is holy, either.

Besides we all know that using benchmarks are infact worthless, because they do not reflect the speed of the actual game. You need savegames and script to do a proper test, where you will see the framerates are much below the "benchmarks" anyways...

best,

Eliot
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 06:19:50 AM »

No I do not, because it's most of the time nVidia doing it, besides driver "optimisation".
Nobody says AMD is holy, either.

Besides we all know that using benchmarks are infact worthless, because they do not reflect the speed of the actual game. You need savegames and script to do a proper test, where you will see the framerates are much below the "benchmarks" anyways...

best,

Eliot

Even savegames and a script will not be adequate for doing a proper test.  HardOCP says it best by concluding that "[they] think the real world computer hardware testing methodology is vastly superior to most of the synthetic and canned benchmarks we see today."  Many will argue that timedemo and script benchmarking are the only scientific approaches to video card performance analysis that can be trusted. Why you would want to trust a performance metric that is in no way shape or form going to relate to your gaming experience is beyond me.  Have a read of their testing methodology.  I think it is the truest way to benchmark a game, as it goes as far away as possible from "synthetics"

Hard|OCP:  Benchmarking the Benchmarks (February 11, 2008):  http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ2MSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 06:25:56 AM »

Even savegames and a script will not be adequate for doing a proper test.  HardOCP says it best by concluding that "[they] think the real world computer hardware testing methodology is vastly superior to most of the synthetic and canned benchmarks we see today."  Many will argue that timedemo and script benchmarking are the only scientific approaches to video card performance analysis that can be trusted. Why you would want to trust a performance metric that is in no way shape or form going to relate to your gaming experience is beyond me.  Have a read of their testing methodology.  I think it is the truest way to benchmark a game, as it goes as far away as possible from "synthetics"

Hard|OCP:  Benchmarking the Benchmarks (February 11, 2008):  http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ2MSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

A savegame and a script which moves your avatar will give you quite proper results - this was what i meant. Of course the AI is not always allocating the same CPU load, but if you repeat several times, you get a good impression.

best,

Eliot
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 06:56:18 AM »

A savegame and a script which moves your avatar will give you quite proper results - this was what i meant. Of course the AI is not always allocating the same CPU load, but if you repeat several times, you get a good impression.

best,

Eliot

Yes, I did understand what you meant.  "You get a good impression," however, not the most accurate portrayal of actual gameplay in a real-world scenario.  Did you read the article posted above?

Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »

Yes, I did understand what you meant.  "You get a good impression," however, not the most accurate portrayal of actual gameplay in a real-world scenario.  Did you read the article posted above?

Nope, I'm an arrogant bastard, so I don't read the article Wink
As long the AI is involved, it will give you a real world impression.

best,

Eliot
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »

Nope, I'm an arrogant bastard, so I don't read the article Wink
As long the AI is involved, it will give you a real world impression.

best,

Eliot

Lol I can't stress enough how your logic is so flawed - just skim through the article before self-proclaiming yourself as arrogant and insisting on going the AI route. Roll Eyes  After all, you are part of the Fudzilla Crew - show some decency on your own forums  Wink

Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 03:04:38 AM »

Lol I can't stress enough how your logic is so flawed - just skim through the article before self-proclaiming yourself as arrogant and insisting on going the AI route. Roll Eyes  After all, you are part of the Fudzilla Crew - show some decency on your own forums  Wink

I know normal benchmarks don't do AI ... don't have KI-enemies, units are not moving etc. etc.
I have read this one:
http://www.3dcenter.de/artikel/timedemos/
You see, the problem is not new Wink

best,

Eliot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: