Fudzilla
April 17, 2014, 01:11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK prices are a joke!  (Read 13218 times)
dizzy_X

View Profile Email
« on: November 28, 2007, 03:10:35 PM »

I'm glad Fudzilla keep pointing out the prices paid by UK punters for their computer gear, bears no resemblance to the prices paid in the USA. I keep hearing about how US prices are cheaper because their market is larger. But are we not part of europe which must be considered a sizeable market for any manufacturer. Somehow I think we in the UK are getting ripped-off something terrible, ... someones eating all the pies and getting very fat!

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4422&Itemid=1
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 03:13:48 PM »

Well, things are just as bad in the rest of Europe, but you guys are the worst off, no doubt.
dizzy_X

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »

yup,  ...  I can find cheaper prices for many computer parts fom German, Austrian, & Swiss, online retailers.
Helicon

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »

Be thankful you don't live in Norway.
dizzy_X

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »

I don't mind to pay high prices if I live in classy country like Norway, but I live in UK which is a dump and still pay high prices! no contest.
roosterbaby!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 04:04:17 AM »

Just curious, but what are the prices you guys and gals pay in the UK and Europe? I paid about 1,100 us dollars for the X6800 when it first came out and about 600 for the G80. What is the price difference?
roosterbaby!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 04:41:04 AM »

I should add, what is the average salary in the UK and Europe?
roosterbaby!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:53:25 AM »

Aaahh: never mind, I found it.
PlasmaBomb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »

Intel extreme processors tend to be about 560 ex taxes. when they come out. Vendors tend to stick close to intels recommendation for the extreme, you get more variance on other parts. There are of course exceptions, the extreme QX9775 is going for $1650 ish before taxes and with taxes it weighs in at over $2000.
The problem being that we pay more for the equipment and then more in taxes too!

We also have to wait patiently for price cuts too, when a manufacturer announces them you can normally find them on a US site for that price in a couple of days, over here it can take weeks or months. Although that would be due to being a smaller market/ individual site inventory levels.
aznstriker92

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »

I am so glad to be in the US. In korea which is where I am from, has worse prices than UK or Europe.

Running a X600 128mb, In need of a new graphics card badly......
manwe

siavash.sameni
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »

I don't know whether i should be glad to live in IRAN or not  Huh
some prices are just like jokes Iran just like 3870X2 prices which is above 650 US Dollars
but on the other hand some other things are so cheap that you can't even imagine , for example I've bought Razer Tarantula today for just 75 USD , or you can buy Razer copperhead for 30 USDollars , but you won't see any high-end price drops in here for example 8800Ultra still sells for about 950 Dollars
so you should be grateful even for living in UK Cheesy .
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 12:03:41 AM »

I'm glad Fudzilla keep pointing out the prices paid by UK punters for their computer gear, bears no resemblance to the prices paid in the USA. I keep hearing about how US prices are cheaper because their market is larger. But are we not part of europe which must be considered a sizeable market for any manufacturer. Somehow I think we in the UK are getting ripped-off something terrible, ... someones eating all the pies and getting very fat!

It's not the UK only, it's Europe as whole. You have also to notice in the U.S. the most states don't have a sales tax, so they can be easily cheaper. Also the warranty situation is much more worse compared to Europe, except for most computer-parts - manufacture warranty is always nice to have.

For UK I would suggest to say good bye to the old Pound and adapt the Euro as well, that would take some pressure to all the nice companies which are ripping us off. To be fair, not all companies are doing it... but nVidia seems to be special evil Smiley

Here an example of 1:1 price:
HD3870 is € 159,- now:
http://www.geizhals.eu/a312976.html
in U.S. it's $ 209,99:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125086
So, 1 € are 1.5179 $ (today)
$ 209.99 = € 138.34 + 19% tax in Germany = € 163.62
So, you see, not all companies are doing it.

best,

Eliot
juxmw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »

I should add, what is the average salary in the UK and Europe?

don't get me wrong - the Anglo-Saxons are part of Europe Cheesy

Eliots point of view ("more warranty - more expensive") is quite true I guess. That's sometimes also a reason why we get products later here in Euroland - more regulations for the companies concerning health and quality standards before they can release a new product - and that's a matter of cost also, and we have to pay for it.
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »

don't get me wrong - the Anglo-Saxons are part of Europe Cheesy

Eliots point of view ("more warranty - more expensive") is quite true I guess. That's sometimes also a reason why we get products later here in Euroland - more regulations for the companies concerning health and quality standards before they can release a new product - and that's a matter of cost also, and we have to pay for it.

They don't produce for U.S. or Euro, they all produce for Euro if they want to do worldwide. Two different lines do cost more in production and warehousing. Also Japan and even China are implementing EU regulations concering health-issues. The problem is/was/will be always the U.S. with such corrupt and stupid politicans working there. (That does not mean, in Euroland the politician are better Wink)

best,

Eliot.
fwoot

rex1234_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »

Yeah they do seem like the dick but on another note I'm very confused about the pricing for the 9800 GTX as sometimes it lists it as 299 Euro and then 299 US? 299 Euro's in Australia is about $510 (AUS) while compared to Us 299 which is roughly $327 (Aus). While this price doesn't seem realistic if your country suffers greatly from inflation (Australia's not as bad) why don't you just import from the US,,especially if you live in the UK as your pound is extremely strong aginst the US $?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: