Fudzilla
April 18, 2014, 06:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK prices are a joke!  (Read 13230 times)
Bono
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:00:50 PM »

Yeah they do seem like the dick but on another note I'm very confused about the pricing for the 9800 GTX as sometimes it lists it as 299 Euro and then 299 US? 299 Euro's in Australia is about $510 (AUS) while compared to Us 299 which is roughly $327 (Aus). While this price doesn't seem realistic if your country suffers greatly from inflation (Australia's not as bad) why don't you just import from the US,,especially if you live in the UK as your pound is extremely strong aginst the US $?

This is not due inflation in Europe but USA is depreciating US dollar, so it can export as much as possible goods. US economy is in recession so whole world needs to suffer, and Iranians started to trade crude oil for euro's, that is also not helping US dollar to become stronger. In UK case when it comes to prices, they always exchanged 1 us dollar for 1 GBP. But now when ratio between dollar and euro is on record level (1EUR=1.54USD) we are stuck with unfair prices like UK people. I don't know for UK people but if you import from US you need to pay import taxes and postage is not cheap if you would like to use DHL or UPS.
fwoot

rex1234_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 07:09:17 AM »

I'm not sure what the import tax is like in the UK but in oz if it's over $1000 you generally have to pay a sur charge..unless you are able to get the sender to option the item as a "gift". Also while the US economy could have actually been in a recession for months without anyone knowing until their reserve banks stipulates otherwise the US is not in recession and it is pretty touchy to say otherwise Embarrassed
Bono
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 12:48:23 AM »

I'm not sure what the import tax is like in the UK but in oz if it's over $1000 you generally have to pay a sur charge..unless you are able to get the sender to option the item as a "gift". Also while the US economy could have actually been in a recession for months without anyone knowing until their reserve banks stipulates otherwise the US is not in recession and it is pretty touchy to say otherwise Embarrassed

I won't go much in details because this is IT site and not financial forum. But US companies are laying off 60k jobs each month is sign of recession, even Greenspan agrees that USA is in recession. US employers in Feb. 2008 shed 80k jobs and we saw that IT companies are also cutting down jobs. Maybe bank system recovered a little but crisis is far from over, some major banks were hit with mortgages crisis. Example c/p of wikipedia:
"Some large regional or even national banks that are very exposed to mortgages, residential and commercial, may go bankrupt. Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. collapsed on March 16, 2008, and was bought out by JP Morgan Chase."

And about parts for $1000 US you can buy a lot of stuff in usa, even if you say limit for non taxing could be that low. As I said before prices that are based 1 US = 1GBP 1EUR are not fair.

Links:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/04/news/economy/jobs_march/index.htm?cnn=yes
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080408/bs_nm/usa_economy_greenspan_dc
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/usa-2008-the-great-depression-803095.html
fwoot

rex1234_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 10:11:34 AM »

Not much detail? That was some pretty epic reading's in the links provided. Maybe I should run my economic assignments past you. You never know it could actually improve my grades?Huh Wink
Bono
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »

Not much detail? That was some pretty epic reading's in the links provided. Maybe I should run my economic assignments past you. You never know it could actually improve my grades?Huh Wink

This is not place to put much details because we are already in OT. And I'm not trying to convince you of anything, that is my opinion and how it looks from Europe.

Back on topic, all US prices are cut in half if you buy stuff from europe.

1 EUR : 1.57 USD
fwoot

rex1234_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 10:02:27 AM »

Nah man trust me i get it and i appreciate the feedback
Staticnuts

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 08:28:56 PM »

One word: TAXES!!! You probably pay more in taxes in the EU than in the USA. What is the b.s. VAT tax that the EU has? What's that about?

Staticnuts
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: