Fudzilla
April 16, 2014, 07:05:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sparkle announces P860 Turbo Calibre = a.k.a. Turbo button reborn  (Read 3253 times)
mortality

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2007, 12:51:41 PM »

I'm quite pissed of with this "innovation", so i don't know where to start from. do you actually need a TURBO button? i wonder if anyone can recall destiny of P1 turbo buttons. turbo, come one, like one will like his pc/gpu to work slower. i think this is quite nonsense and it really pisses me off. do manufactures think we are SO DUMB. whats next - off/on switch for each memory chip?? (don't you think that nvidia's implementation of different 2D/3D clock is quite sufficient?)

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3603&Itemid=1
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

it looks nice Cheesy something to make your kids feel cool... Cheesy

just like those turbo buttons back in the 286 days Cheesy

as far as i'm concerned the only turbo button that would make sense would be one that would downclock the entire machine so low that you wouldn't need any active cooling... silence is golden...
mortality

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »

i totally agree with your point of view, but on such low frequencies PC will be equal to cell phone. so why bother to downclock when u can use your mobile instead, and keep your TURBO MACHINE off - no noise  Shocked
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »

i totally agree with your point of view, but on such low frequencies PC will be equal to cell phone. so why bother to downclock when u can use your mobile instead, and keep your TURBO MACHINE off - no noise  Shocked

Of course, with current technologies, but I think we'll soon be getting to the point were an average multi core CPU will have more than enough muscle to handle many undemanding everyday applications using just a fraction of its processing power. Mobile CPUs are a good example, even the regular ones, not to mention the ULVs.

However, by then Microsoft will probably roll out an OS which will demand a quad core at 10Ghz and 32GBs of DDR3 just to run Minsweeper. Cheesy

I agree, turning the damn thing off is still the best way of keeping noise and power consumption down Cheesy At least that's what Al Gore says. Cheesy
mortality

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »

well my mobile is getting more and more important. chat/word/excel/browsing/email/gaming. each day fewer tasks on my pc.
Mario.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 02:21:34 PM »

I think the Turbo button started with XT machines to provide compatibility between 4.77MHz and 8MHz - our school had some such machines. The 286 had it for... a reason, which... nobody knew what it was.. but hey! It was COOOL, computer witha TURBO could go FASTER than a standard computer. We all believed that, so I see no reason why current kids could not believe it. Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: