Fudzilla
April 20, 2014, 12:54:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: p965-Dq6  (Read 4314 times)
Snake

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 09:33:08 PM »

It's complete the worst M/B I ever buy.I bought it very soon(REV 1.01)
I just say overclocking in this board doesn't define. Angry
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:51:44 PM »

My P965-DS4 worked fine... and I sold about 10 pcs to my friends without any complaints...

best,

Eliot.
manwe

siavash.sameni
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 07:34:35 PM »

i moved from my opty 144 to intel about a year and half ago Cheesy with that stupid mainboard
unfortunately it was the only mainboard on the market which were able to support C2D at that time i mean out of the box support without bios update
i paid about 220$ for it i also bought a C2D 6600 (it was my first intel build ever ) i was loyal to AMD from K6 , so i betrayed AMD although it was always loyal to me .
(i was just running my opty 144 @ 2.7GHz) btw that Gigabyte board was the worst board ever it have got some sort of stability issues even in stock speed i was also unable to install any flavor of linux on this board because of gigabyte's stupid IDE chipset , so i sold everything and came back to AMD , I've bought 4400+ and Abit Fatal1ty AN9-32X which i changed it with Asus 690G , and I'm happy with it . I'll never get back to intel , even if AMD bankrupts and my only other choice would be VIA C7 , i wouldn't buy anything from intel ever again .
it's gaming performance was superior , but anything else was a mess Sad.
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 05:50:58 AM »

i paid about 220$ for it i also bought a C2D 6600 (it was my first intel build ever ) i was loyal to AMD from K6 , so i betrayed AMD although it was always loyal to me .
(i was just running my opty 144 @ 2.7GHz) btw that Gigabyte board was the worst board ever it have got some sort of stability issues even in stock speed i was also unable to install any flavor of linux on this board because of gigabyte's stupid IDE chipset , so i sold everything and came back to AMD , I've bought 4400+ and Abit Fatal1ty AN9-32X which i changed it with Asus 690G , and I'm happy with it . I'll never get back to intel , even if AMD bankrupts and my only other choice would be VIA C7 , i wouldn't buy anything from intel ever again .

Beside the reboot-issue there were no important issues with the board at all - and yes, I got an 1.0 version :-)
We overclocked E6300 to 3.2GHz. Don't understand the complains. Next time check the Gigabyte-Forum where many people will help you, you'll find memory compatiblity lists, beta-BIOS and workarounds if there is a problem...

To move from one platform to an other is always an issue, because chipsets and CPUs behave different. I changed my system because I do lots of video-encoding and AMD was much slower even overclocked compared to Intel stock clocking... haven't time to wait ... one hour more or less, counts for me. I also feel Windows responding faster with Intel compared with AMD... but that's maybe only my feeling.

best,

Eliot.
manwe

siavash.sameni
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 06:55:10 AM »

Beside the reboot-issue there were no important issues with the board at all - and yes, I got an 1.0 version :-)
We overclocked E6300 to 3.2GHz. Don't understand the complains. Next time check the Gigabyte-Forum where many people will help you, you'll find memory compatiblity lists, beta-BIOS and workarounds if there is a problem...

To move from one platform to an other is always an issue, because chipsets and CPUs behave different. I changed my system because I do lots of video-encoding and AMD was much slower even overclocked compared to Intel stock clocking... haven't time to wait ... one hour more or less, counts for me. I also feel Windows responding faster with Intel compared with AMD... but that's maybe only my feeling.

best,

Eliot.

I've got an Allendale 6300 with that board for about two weeks with that board , it was stable with it and overclocked well (after F5 Bios)I've overclocked it to 3.00 GHz with stock cooler , plus Gskill 4-4-4-12 Micron Memory , but the moment that i changed my processor to conroe , everything went wrong and the system wasn't even been able to work at the stock frequencies Smiley . I also used some forums at that time and saw everyone's complaining about this board + my main activity doesn't relied on windows , which this board wasn't even able to work with any distribution of Linux (at least in that time frame and of course with IDE ODD).
moreover it's my personal opinion , I'll never buy Gigabyte ever again , I just love Abit/ASUS/DFI boards so there's no hard feelings  Roll Eyes
Eliot
Fudzilla Crew

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 06:40:07 PM »

I've got an Allendale 6300 with that board for about two weeks with that board , it was stable with it and overclocked well (after F5 Bios)I've overclocked it to 3.00 GHz with stock cooler , plus Gskill 4-4-4-12 Micron Memory , but the moment that i changed my processor to conroe , everything went wrong and the system wasn't even been able to work at the stock frequencies Smiley . I also used some forums at that time and saw everyone's complaining about this board + my main activity doesn't relied on windows , which this board wasn't even able to work with any distribution of Linux (at least in that time frame and of course with IDE ODD).
moreover it's my personal opinion , I'll never buy Gigabyte ever again , I just love Abit/ASUS/DFI boards so there's no hard feelings  Roll Eyes

As told, I always used E6300/E6400 and E6600 ... no problems at all... at least not with overclocking and so on... but two boards went RMA... one after three months, one a half years later.

You pay much more for DFI... but of course you have better service and and email-support.
About ASUS you can read in my reviews, they are a most of the time a mixed bag.

best,

Eliot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: