Fudzilla
April 19, 2014, 07:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to buy?  (Read 3865 times)
Urban Assault!

View Profile Email
« on: May 08, 2007, 03:03:20 PM »

Hey all,
I really didn't find a cloase section where to post this, so I just did in at "Others"...

Well, I wanted to ask, what parts should I buy, for a high-end pc, that will last for future games (dx10).
Some things I allready have "planned" to buy, but is it really worth it?

Well the first thing I doubt about to buy is the R600, 2900xt...I want an ATI card because it runs better on Valve's games but is it smart to buy one at release time or should I better wait for a r650/rv670 that will be faster and aswell smaller.
Yet some more questions, what prozessor core will be better to buy? Agena, Agena FX or Barcelona?
For that system, what cooling shall I buy?

Well I thought about a computer that would look like that, please tell me what I could impoofe, or/and what you would recommend for me to buy...

GPU:      2x ATI ... Radeon HD2x00xtx Crossfire   /   from Sapphire or Asus
CPU:      AMD K10...Agena, Agena FX or Barcelona
Mainboard:    Sapphire or Asus... don't know yet, but must be one that works with "Windows Vista"...
DDR:      Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR 6400C4D Kit
HDD:            2x 500GB Seagate ST3500630AS
Netzteil:       Thermaltake Toughpower Cable Management 750W W0116RU
Case:      Raidmax Smilodon
Cooling:        Zalman AquaBay M5 (thats what I wanted)

I hope that I will soon know what would be better to buy...
Thund3rhans

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 03:17:40 PM »

the components you chose are good (only 4 crossfire you should think about a 1kW ps), but whats more important: when do you want to buy all that parts? noone really knows (okay, maybe fudo Cheesy ) when the amd 10h processors will be avaible.
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »

Smiley 10h for socket AM2+ late Q3 early Q4, socket 1207 Agena FX in Q3 so before september I hope

Urban Assault!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 05:38:51 AM »

Smiley 10h for socket AM2+ late Q3 early Q4, socket 1207 Agena FX in Q3 so before september I hope

Well exaclty about that time I wanted to buy it... about August I wanted to upgrade...
Then I will buy it with a 2950xtx that should be released aswell in Q3 (if those 2 will be released at about august, what I hope very much)

and Fudo, Do you know which core will be the "best" one, means the Agena FX or the Barcelona? what would be smarter to buy/wait for?
I know nobody really knows it yet... but...

...only 4 crossfire you should think about a 1kW ps)...

Well, 1kW??... Thats sick  Cheesy
Lets hope that the 750w will be enough  Wink
Because i don't wanna pay 300$+ for a PS...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:40:41 AM by Urban Assault! » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: