Fudzilla
April 17, 2014, 01:41:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Testbed for graphics cards  (Read 2104 times)
Haegar

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:05:02 PM »

Hello!

After reading your article "Gainward BLISS 8500GT goes up to 760 MHz" I thought once again that the testbed used does not really fit an entry-level card. I don't think there will be many C2D 6800 Extreme cpus paired with a 8500GT. Sure, it is easier to compare the performance of a whole range of graphics cards that way, when all cards - low to high end - are tested with the same cpu, but the benchmarks results gained that way aren't of much use when building a low or mid range system.

Maybe you could think about testing graphics cards with at least 2 different cpus/configurations, low and high end (new quad core, old single core) or even with 3 and add some cheap dual core cpu.
Such a test setup would be of use even for high-end cards, as I doubt that many ppl really need the best quad core cpu and a 8800GTX in their systems and just want to know which cpu/gfx combo gives the best price-performance ratio.

I think the typical question is not "what is the fastest possible cpu/gfx combo", but rather "which cpu/gfx do I need to get the best bang for the buck with my budget".

thei

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 11:55:39 PM »

True, it's a rather odd high-end cpu/low-end gpu combination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: