Fudzilla
April 23, 2014, 12:22:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: intel knows you overclock?  (Read 3789 times)
jcschild

View Profile Email
« on: April 21, 2007, 03:02:23 AM »

HI,
what a crap o poo.

that the biggest bunch of crap i have ever heard.

1) you CANT fry your CPU Intel(and AMD) has thermal shut down diodes in the chips for yrs now. read the stink'n white papers.

2) you ever seen a fried processor? i have no way in heck you can rma it it is physically damaged and noticeable. (pre thermal diode shut down)

3) Intel nor AMD TEST rma'ed processors, they throw them away. it would cost more to test an rmaed processor than it does to make one, (only costs about $30 a processor, regardless of speed) besides if it tested good what would Intel do with it? they dont sell refurbed chips. could you imagine the press on that?

4) there would be too much cost in adding some type of extra register to even do this (taking up very valuable transistor space) and again see above. cost too much to test

5) if that were true why would Dell (sheesh of all people) be selling overclocked systems.
get off the crack!

Scott
ADK
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:04:16 PM »

what a crap o poo.

that the biggest bunch of crap i have ever heard.

1) you CANT fry your CPU Intel(and AMD) has thermal shut down diodes in the chips for yrs now. read the stink'n white papers.

YES you can

2) you ever seen a fried processor? i have no way in heck you can rma it it is physically damaged and noticeable. (pre thermal diode shut down)

YES I did

3) Intel nor AMD TEST rma'ed processors, they throw them away. it would cost more to test an rmaed processor than it does to make one, (only costs about $30 a processor, regardless of speed) besides if it tested good what would Intel do with it? they dont sell refurbed chips. could you imagine the press on that?

Yes they do

4) there would be too much cost in adding some type of extra register to even do this (taking up very valuable transistor space) and again see above. cost too much to test

5) if that were true why would Dell (sheesh of all people) be selling overclocked systems.
get off the crack!

because they get the special waranty Smiley
jcschild

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »

HI,
i am an etailer... been in the biz since 98.

Intel nor AMD test anything. it goes in the trash.
i emailed one the the intel enginneers, his answer "LOL" we have no way of knowing.
as i said rubbish...

Scott
ADK

www.adkproaudio.com
www.adkvideoediting.com
www.adkgaming.com
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 02:37:36 PM »

HI,
i am an etailer... been in the biz since 98.

Intel nor AMD test anything. it goes in the trash.
i emailed one the the intel enginneers, his answer "LOL" we have no way of knowing.
as i said rubbish...

Scott
ADK

www.adkproaudio.com
www.adkvideoediting.com
www.adkgaming.com

Hmm great, I'm off to fry some CPUs now...  Grin I' love the smell of silicone in the morning... De brkatores non disputando est...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:40:24 PM by Nele » Logged
fudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »

i spoke with at least two etailers who said that Intel check something with the CPU before it grants the new RMA. I saw it before
jcschild

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:09:28 AM »

i am telling you as an Etailer they are full of crap.

do you have contacts inside of Intel? or do you just post stuff on your website based on hear say?

dont you think if there was a shread of proof to what you say Anadtech etc would have long posted it?
better yet the inquirer?

but heh lets see how well you can be a good journalist
call intel to rma a processor just pretend its bad long enough to get to a tech.

ask the tech, so what do you guys do with the processors that get sent in?

answer
we toss them in the trash.

let see if you got enough guts to do this and report back that you were indeed wrong

or if you will continue to post "FUD"
you do know what that is yes?

Scott
ADK
Jayceon Carter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 11:30:13 PM »

Sidenote: the costs to make a CPU is not just $30. Sure, the production costs are just that, but with that you only count in the cost of the materials, the machinery and the employees. What you forget is R&D and engineering the product. That costs millions, maybe billions of dollars even before the first test sample has ever been produced.

I am a retailer and have RMA'ed dozens of Intel and AMD CPU's, they will test it I can guarantee you. At least two or three of those have been rejected because the problem wasn't the cpu, which later on turned out to be either the motherboard or psu.

C2D E6300 | XFX 8600 GT XXX | Corsair 2GB 6400C4 | Raptor 74 | P5N32-E SLI Plus | Dell 2405FPW | G15 | MX518
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: