Fudzilla
April 19, 2014, 06:28:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time stamp of news posts  (Read 3694 times)
meyns

View Profile Email
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »

Seems to me that there is an error with the time stamp of when news posts are made. Seems that they are not cronologically ordened (i hope a type this right Smiley).
When i refresh after a couple of hours, it seems that some post have gotten in between others and it is hard to see what is new and what is not new.
Also if you go through the news with the next button, it seems it is not going through the news posts very well, could need a fix.

Otherwise, great site, great news, wouldn't know where to find news like this anywhere. Especially on the R600 and Barcelona.

Greats
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:54:33 PM »

There is an issue, but it's not an error - it's our editor. Since we lack certain features in the engine all news are by default ordered chronologically. However, when we get some rather interesting or exclusive bit of news we manually change the order, we push them up to the top even if they are a few hours older than the others. We're planning to fix this and some other issues soon, but at the moment we just have live with it. Thank you for your feedback and words of praise, stay tuned - it will be an eventful month.
meyns

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »

It is just a little bit annoying that you have to scan the whole page all the time to see if there is something new. I know i do it as of now.
But if it is exclusive news, and it is posted the last, it will become automatically at the top story? Or am i wrong. Because if it is new, it lands at the top, right?
Mayby a different colour or mayby a different colour for a while and the top position and when the scoop is over it can resign to its normal place. Or the word new or excluse near the title. Or marking what is read and what not with a cookie or something like dailytech. Because at the moment some news posts do not have the right position at all timewise.
Nele

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »

Well, now that you've mentioned I noticed that the "latest news" section is missing from fudzilla. We had some problems with it and removed it, but it should be back up soon, I'll have to check up on this. We still have it on our Bosnian site (itx.ba) and it displays news ordered by publishing time (it's not influenced by our manual order changes). The other thing that may cause these time stamp issues is the time it takes to publish news. It's up to the editor to do that, and sometimes it takes a few hours before an article is published, e.g. even editors have to sleep. This means the time stamp can be several hours older than the actual publishing time. Trust me, I know it's annoying, there are issues and they annoy our staff too. We're just getting started, but hopefully we'll have a much better site in a couple of months.
meyns

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 04:20:06 PM »

yey,

just keep up the good work!!
And take your time, as long as the news is interesting I'll read it all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: