Fudzilla
April 19, 2014, 07:51:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fudzilla Forum is open

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: do you see it possible ?  (Read 7130 times)
Xajel

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:56:30 PM »

You may know that Intel is moving to integrate the MC into the CPU, like what AMD did b4 with K8

+ they will use a serial bus with CSI, so they will replace that bulky Shared System bus thing they used for ages...

all these changes will make Intel's compatible chipsets look like current AMD ones... simple

the Northbridge will be just PCIe x16 bridge like what most AMD's ones now is

so will a company like nVIDIA make a one Northbridge that is capable of handling both CSI or HT ??

this NB will be connected to the SB with any type of buses ( in case of nVIDIA, it did use HT in this )

so nVIDIA will be able to build one chipset that can handle both AMD & Intel's CPU's

so they will cut the R&D very much as there will be no need to build two different NB for both platforms...

nVIDIA already did that for SB with the help of HT link, they did NB for both platform that uses HT link to connect to the SB, so they can use one SB design that fit both platform.. infact most chipset designers now is same, ATi used PCIe x4 link to connect NB to SB and they did use the same SB for both platforms... VIA uses there own bus too I don't remember now...

if this is really true and could be

then I'll not be surprised if ASRock maded a mobo that you can just plug a daughter board on it to be able to use AMD or Intel CPU on the same mobo !!
Jon
Global Moderator

swallow your pride.

audiofreak39@gmail.com AuDioFreaK39
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:26:53 AM »

And my reply to this thread 10 month's later would have to be one word:  Nehalem.  Wink

Core i7 Extreme 965 {} EVGA X58 SLI Classified Limited Edition{} 6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 {} EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Plus [Quad-SLI] {} Thermalright TRUE Copper
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: