what a crap o poo.
that the biggest bunch of crap i have ever heard.
1) you CANT fry your CPU Intel(and AMD) has thermal shut down diodes in the chips for yrs now. read the stink'n white papers.
YES you can
2) you ever seen a fried processor? i have no way in heck you can rma it it is physically damaged and noticeable. (pre thermal diode shut down)
YES I did
3) Intel nor AMD TEST rma'ed processors, they throw them away. it would cost more to test an rmaed processor than it does to make one, (only costs about $30 a processor, regardless of speed) besides if it tested good what would Intel do with it? they dont sell refurbed chips. could you imagine the press on that?
Yes they do
4) there would be too much cost in adding some type of extra register to even do this (taking up very valuable transistor space) and again see above. cost too much to test
5) if that were true why would Dell (sheesh of all people) be selling overclocked systems.
get off the crack!
because they get the special waranty